Everything's gone yellow

22 Jul 2013

 
Here where I am I've been walking in the shadows and taking comfort in the shade. 

Yellow sun, calls for a yellow dress and a dashing yellow suitcase someone special bought me a few weeks ago.

The yellow van is my neighbours.  I've lived here for 6 months and never met the owner.  But it's been useful - it tells me where I live when I'm confused by a row of houses that look the same.  When my house number 49 never stands out clearly enough because I've lost my glasses, left them at work, left them at home or it's just a little too dark for the taxi driver to figure it out and drop me off at the right place.


A warm day is an opportunity to get some skin out isn't it? Let the sun soak in and nourish all that is good.  Hot weather generally means a lot of flesh on show.  I don't show my midriff, wear shorts that don't flatter the thighs, or dresses too tight and too see-through.  I still want to feel a little elegant even if the sweat is glistening a little too brightly on my back.

I should have, but I don't have pictures of the back of this dress, but I will do when I remember. Promise. :0)


I bought it from my favourite shop in the world - Ribbons and Taylor in London for £28.  I admit I've struggled a little to get it to sit right.  But I've put on a little happy weight and my boobs have filled the spaces perfectly. 


I'm taking this outfit when I take a trip next weekend to this magical place - Burgh Island.  I've been slightly obsessed by it for years and I'm ever so excited that I'm getting to take my yellow suitcase with me.

Burgh Island, Devon.  Picture taken from Telegraph Travel Section
There's going to be 1930s decor and music.  The sea view and it's breeze will make every sip of my champagne feel extra special.  I'm going to try and eat my afternoon tea like a lady does, but I know the Glasgow girl from Anniesland will find its way through and I'll be eyeing up the tea pots and napkins as a possible souvenir.  My cackles may interrupt the pompous air, but I'm ready and completely excited.

Can you see the yellow tractor in the picture? When the tides up it's the only way you can get to my idea of heaven.  So I'm hoping for high tides.  

I am hoping to wear my yellow dress, cross the waters in the yellow tractor all under the gaze of the yellow sun. 

Happy days to you all.


Dress: Ribbons and Taylor, London
Cost: £28

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I saw her heart on her face All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger