The trouble is

1 Sept 2013


I love this dress.  I'd love it better without the new handbag strap stain across my chest, but hey ho - nothings perfect.  I bought it during a wonderfully cheap trip to Paris with my friend Caroline.  

This is the back of it taking at some other time in my life. 


Anyway.

Today it was worn on a trip to Brighton.  We wondered the streets, got a little sun on our backs and had a cook off at Jamie Oliver's recipease place.  Two of us shared the hob. After an hour and a bit we sat down with our creation of chilli pork street food.  Tasty.  Even tastier because of the two for one deal.  So a whole chef, plus ingredients, plus the cooking, plus the lesson and a chilled glass of wine cost £35.


It felt like such a coupley thing to do - but if there is ever a next time -  I think I'll drink more wine during the cook off - there's something pleasant about cooking and slurping wine, listening to music and being too merry to eat or even care to eat the final product - the pleasure being all in the making.

But we laughed lots, chopped lots and I threw a few extra cheeky ingredients in when the chef wasn't looking - happy days me thinks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I saw her heart on her face All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger