I found some charming birds

4 Apr 2013



Charming Magpies is in the centre of a charming city called Winchester.

When I visited the rain was about to pour down, so I was happy to step into my favourite type of world.

It's all new - the paint, the varnished floors, the brown price tags carefully tied on with string. 



The place was flooded five months ago, but you can tell a lot of love and time has been lavished to ensure the first day of opening was as perfect as it can be.

It feels fresh.  I'm looking forward to going back when the newness is worn in a little and the rough edges start to appear. 


The clothes are neatly arranged and colour co-ordinated, so reaching out to my favourite blues and yellows was really easy and quick. 

The dresses are perfectly pressed and vibrant. The order encourages you to sweep through the rails in the hope of spotting something sweet.

I passed up on a few things I liked because I already sort of had the same shape or style in my wardrobe.   At the moment, I can't justify duplication, even if it is in a different colour.  

My brain is looking for a dress to wear to my lovely friend Julia's wedding.  On this visit Charming Magpies failed to live up to what I imagine I'll wear on the day, but I did see a dress that I thought was pretty and spent some time trying it on. 



I twirled around in the incy wincy changing room - imagining summer and me breezing to work in this frock.

It only cost £25 - so I ummed and ahh'd for a good while.  On my way out the lady gave me a flyer with a 20% discount - oh my I thought, too late.  I'd already ummm'd and ahhddd' for a a good while and imagined how I would feel once I'd left the shop ad left the dress behind.  I decided I'd be ok.  Maybe next time though.  

This place is one of those places I wish I could just pop into during my lunch break or at the weekend when I’m on my way to the station to go somewhere else.  I'm sure I’d find something at some point.  You know it’s a gem you could rely on to fill your wardrobe with beautiful unique things. 


The range isn’t vast, everything isn't crammed in, so you can have a good dress feast without feeling overwhelmed. 

They have more suitcases to pick from than ladies belts, but I imagine, more stock will whisk its way in and out of there as they get more and more stock important.


It’s a cute little shop that just needs more people knowing it’s open again for business.


You can find Charming Magpies at this address: SO23 8AT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I saw her heart on her face All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger