Waiting for spring in 1950s style

3 Apr 2013


It's been cold for too long now.

I have a dainty white shirt I bought from Hepwright's in January and I want to wear it.

The label says 1950s white blouse, so I googled 1950s white blouses and came up with lots of images that had similar Peter Pan collars,  embroidery and puffing down the front.


Today it's been blowing in the breeze in my back garden, but in real life it does look much smaller and more delicate.

I'm sure I'll spend all day a little worried that I'll stain it.  I'll manage somehow to miss the big pad of paper in front of me and get it on my shirt.  I remember patatas bravas tomato oil making a permanent mark on the nipple area of a new white and black striped vintage dress. Uchhhhhhh, I still wear it though with a badge strategically placed - ha - ridiculous?..possibly...do I care?.. nah!!!

I want to wear this skirt and top too. 


Do you think it will be way too much to wear the top and bottom bit together?  I tried it on with a thin burgundy belt - hair pulled back into a high bun and high high heels. 

I think the material is silk.  Old silk that will clearly show every little perspiration mark, but I'll endeavour not to sweat in it.   I'll walk slowly and make sure that I don't leave everything to the last minute.  I'm guessing this is 1950s too because it's the same collar shape as my white blouse. 

How I'd love to wear them tomorrow.


But I can't.

It's too cold.

It's spring, it's April and I'm still waiting for the warmth of the sun.


Blouse: Hepwright's: Southampton: £16
Jacket & Skirt: Hepwright's: Southampton: £28 but she gave it to me for £25 :0)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I saw her heart on her face All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger