I have a secret

15 Feb 2013


It's London fashion week and I forgot until I wondered past this "designer jumble sale" on Lamb Conduit Street. 

We had a look, but the excitement was promptly left at the door when I spied a fair few dresses way way way over my price range.  But I loved the shop assistance's skirt - knee length with a poofy underskirt that swished when she busied around the quiet shop.  

I took some photos and then went back to doing what I was doing before this clothes distraction happened.


I'm with friends this weekend, staying in wonderful place that's in the heart of London, but has managed to shield me with peace and calm.  

The Goodenough Club in Bloomsbury should be kept a secret, so I'm not going to tell you much about it.  There's a grand sense of formality when you have breakfast in the great hall.  I felt I was on the set of Harry Potter, even though I've never seen the film, I do like to pretend. 


I'm making a great effort today to stay away from the shadows and walk in the sunshine.  I decided to do casual and I'm enjoying this off the shoulder thing that I couldn't appreciate if I wore a massive jacket, so I choose to freeze a little so I can indulge my self.  Everything I'm wearing is high street. I want to say yuk, but I've not yet learned to survive without  H&M, Urban Outfitters, Primark and TK MAXX.  The only vintage I'm wearing is the skin I'm in.  :0)

Standing in the grounds of the Goodenough College.  I was in London, but felt like I was somewhere else.

I think I'd like to go to LFW one day.  I'd like to sit in the back row with my sunglasses on (ha) and wear some extra special mad outfit and just marvel at the absurdity of it all.  But for now I don't feel I'm missing out because I'm spending time with people who refused to give up on me and insisted on being in my life.

Plus I'm having my own silent fashion parade.  Walking around being casual, stepping in the light of the sun, having a baileys on ice, making sure the off the shoulder thing is still off the shoulder and getting to know more about the people I'm with - that's way way way better for me, today and for now. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

I saw her heart on her face All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger