When can I wear my white and my brights?

19 Feb 2013



I was late.  I am always late.

Running out the house without my coat would normally be a problem in the middle of Feb, but by the time I noticed my body was freer than normal I was too far away to turn back.  Getting it would mean being  noticeably late and that's not good when I'm still trying to make an impression.  

Today I wore a gently pink dress with vines of pink and green faded flowers growing in different directions.



Lady like pink wasn't my intention as I really wanted to wear the one above with deep splashes of bright colours, but I thought no...are you allowed to wear white and be so bright when winter still calls?

I bought three skirts a few months ago all in different shades - old, boiled washed and greyish. One is a dainty 1950s circular skirt from Vintage18.  I have white dresses lined up waiting to be worn.  Film stars, wife's of film legends, music queens, famous people famous for nothing are boldly stepping out in the colour I want to wear.  They look great in the mags and gossip pages, even if they look very very cold.

There have been plans to wear all my summer frocks right through the seasons of rain fall, slushy snow and when the dark colours best fit gloomy days. I was going to wear burgandy, navy, warm chestnut brown cardigans (I don't have any navy, burgandy or warm chestnut cardigans) with heavy boats and layer everything up on top of my white frocks.



But I didn't.

I failed this task as soon as I started trying to find cardigans - I couldn't be bothered.  Topshop did nice overpriced chunky knits, second hand shops had stacks of big bad knits that were way to itchy for my skin.   I did find one cream wollen cardi for £5.  It was tad too big, but now it's a tad too small cause I tumbled dried it to death. Sad face.

Urban Outfitters predictably and drastically reduced their prices, but my focu is now on saving my pennies for a trip to Montenegro rather than perfecting my winter summer look.



I asked someone today if summer was coming so I could start collecting a little courage to wear my whites. He said no and I thought oh.

Then my thinking too much brain thought why do I need courage to put on a weight dress?  Honestly - don't I have bigger things to worry about?  Don't I have to use my courage for other stuff and reserve it to bat away life's beasts when they roar?

But as much as life is about serious stuff, I'm aye ok sewating about the pretty stuff too.  Balance.  The thought of facing life's crap in a decent looking frock isn't so bad is it?




Dresses: Ribbons and Taylor: Church Street: All under £30 each

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I saw her heart on her face All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger