An honest model and designer who creates love

19 Jan 2013

Photographer: Greg Kadel
Cameron Russell says "looks aren't everything."

She's a model.  She's beautiful, so it's easy for her to say that isn't it?

I saw this TEDTalk on my way to climbing class.   I was a little cynical about what she had to say.  But when I got off the bus, the walk through the park was slowed down a little by my baby steps through the snow.  I also insisted on walking and watching the piece to the end.  

I didn't notice the trees drizzled with fluffy flakes and the tiny bird footprints dotted on the white washed grown.  I took this pictures on my way back home.
Palmerston Park
I let Cameron's words melt away my cynicism just a bit.  It does take courage for someone to admit they were "genetically gifted" and being "the biggest beneficiary of a legacy of gender and racial oppression."  Find her here on TEDTalks.

Picture from TEDTalk
I also listened to Ronny Edry's talk about his love story Israel hearts Iran.  He's a graphic designer who accidentally started a peace phenomenon on both sides of a war zone.  Israelis and Iranian people are not supposed to be friends - that's the unofficial rule.  Edry's simple poster created after an innocent impulse, cuts through beliefs and has stimulated amazing reactions he never intended to happen.

"This is a courageous thing to do: to try and reach the other side before it's too late."
                                                                                                                - anon
 At the end he whips away a tear and so did I.  

A twenty minute walk passes easily and I get to my climbing class in time and inspired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I saw her heart on her face All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger